The Saurer Group is a leading globally operating technology group focusing on machinery and components for yarn processing. As a company with a long tradition, Saurer has always been a leader in innovation. Today, Saurer comprises the two segments Saurer Spinning Solutions and Saurer Technologies. Saurer Spinning Solutions offers high quality, technologically advanced and customer-specific automation solutions for processing staple fibre from the bale to the yarn. Saurer Technologies is specialized in twisting and embroidery as well as engineered and polymer solutions. With annual sales around 1.0 billion EUR, 4,000 employees and locations in Switzerland, Germany, Turkey, Brazil, Mexico, USA, China, India and Singapore, the strongly growing group is well positioned to serve the world’s textile industry centres.
Design with us the way to industry 4.0. As a company with many years of tradition, we combine high development standards in mechanical engineering with the technologies of the future. For the Business Unit R&D, we are looking at the next possible time for you as
Electronic Engineer Macclesfield
Job reference 2022-0007
Saurer Fibrevision Ltd. are the world leaders in the design and manufacture of quality monitoring systems and sensors for the continuous filament sector of the textile industry. We have a small, tight‐knit team of mechanical, electronic, and software engineers, who are engaged in a combination of new product development and continuous product improvement. We would like to recruit a 2022 graduate, or a recent graduate, to work as an Electronic Engineer at our site in Macclesfield, Cheshire.
Responsibilities will include:
- Sensor and system design & development, including the construction and testing of prototypes.
- Development of production testing for sensors & systems and the design & construction of associated test rigs.
- Analysis of field failures.
- Full product lifecycle management.
In order to be considered for the role you will have the following skills and experience:
- BSc/BEng or MSc/MEng in Electronic Engineering.
- A thorough understanding of both digital and analogue electronics.
- Exposure to schematic capture and PCB design.
- Some knowledge of digital signal processing techniques.
- Some experience of embedded C would be beneficial, as would some exposure to C# using Visual Studio.
The company offers you full exposure to different areas of the business and the opportunity to develop your skills.
Macclesfield has excellent transport links to Manchester city centre.
Please note, this organisation is not on the UK Border Agency’s Sponsor Register and is currently unable to sponsor work visas for international graduates. Candidates must be able to demonstrate that they are legally entitled to work in the UK.