The Saurer Group is a leading globally operating technology group focusing on machinery and components for yarn processing. As a company with a long tradition, Saurer has always been a leader in innovation. Today, Saurer comprises the two segments Saurer Spinning Solutions and Saurer Technologies. Saurer Spinning Solutions offers high quality, technologically advanced and customer-specific automation solutions for processing staple fibre from the bale to the yarn. Saurer Technologies is specialized in twisting and embroidery as well as engineered and polymer solutions. With annual sales around 1.0 billion EUR, 4,000 employees and locations in Switzerland, Germany, Turkey, Brazil, Mexico, USA, China, India and Singapore, the strongly growing group is well positioned to serve the world’s textile industry centres.
Design with us the way to industry 4.0. As a company with many years of tradition, we combine high development standards in mechanical engineering with the technologies of the future. For the Business Unit Production, we are looking at the next possible time for you as
Production Supervisor Macclesfield
Job reference 2021-0066
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Production Supervisor to join our production team. Experienced in manufacturing practices, this position would suit someone who is looking to take the step into management and use their skillset to help manage the planning and build of high value equipment that are installed in customers plant around the World.
This interesting role is to supervise the production of various types of assemblies to a high standard for use in the Textile Fibres Industry.
Apply if you think you have the skills required to join our production team, and would like to be part of a company passionate in providing excellent customer service.
Working within our Macclesfield premises, where we build Quality-monitoring Systems used to monitor the production of Synthetic Fibres.
- Progress chasing of materials and Sub contract manufactured components
- Production resource planning for the build of various sensors
- To provide back up and assistance to the Production Manager as needed, cover holidays, sickness absence etc. and also assist the Factory HR Manager as necessary in safe running the Production Department
- Time and motion study to ascertain actual equipment build times and costs where appropriate
- Assisting in the management of a multi-discipline team of Technicians and Production Assemblers,
- Planning labour requirements
- Ensuring production and despatch targets are met
- Maintaining control of production costs
- Liaising with the Procurement and the Sales departments
- Maintaining a safe factory environment
- Maintaining quality build standards and procedures.
- Inspection of sub contract manufactured components
- Monitor VC stock items & record and report weekly scrap levels
- Experience in supervision and willing to train other members of staff in the use of production equipment
- The use of Assembly equipment.
- A knowledge of Modern manufacturing methods.
- Ability to read Engineering drawing and understand Tolerances.
- Previous “hands on” experience in assembly and workshop equipment
- Applicants need to have a flexible approach, as they are also required to cover facilities management around the site
A City & Guilds Qualification / Technical Apprentice in Engineering would be an advantage.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate that they are legally entitled to work in the UK.