The Saurer Group is a leading globally operating technology group focusing on machinery and components for yarn processing. As a company with a long tradition, Saurer has always been a leader in innovation. Today, Saurer comprises the two segments Saurer Spinning Solutions and Saurer Technologies. Saurer Spinning Solutions offers high quality, technologically advanced and customer-specific automation solutions for processing staple fibre from the bale to the yarn. Saurer Technologies is specialized in twisting and embroidery as well as engineered and polymer solutions. With annual sales around 1.0 billion EUR, 4,000 employees and locations in Switzerland, Germany, Turkey, Brazil, Mexico, USA, China, India and Singapore, the strongly growing group is well positioned to serve the world’s textile industry centres.
Design with us the way to industry 4.0. As a company with many years of tradition, we combine high development standards in mechanical engineering with the technologies of the future. For the Business Unit R&D, we are looking at the next possible time for you as
Software Engineer - Macclesfield UK
Job reference 2021-0057
We are looking for a software engineer to join the R&D team at our site in Macclesfield, Cheshire. This role will involve the design, development, and maintenance of new and existing WinForms C# applications for use both in-house by our R&D and production staff and around the globe by our customers.
We produce a wide range of proprietary electronics associated with the real-time monitoring of yarn, in particular for man-made fibre production. The successful candidate should expect to be involved in the development of the monitoring and reporting software associated with these systems.
This role requires a candidate with an understanding of:
- WinForms development in C#.
- Distributed version control systems.
- Network programming in a Windows environment.
Also valuable will be experience of:
- Multi-threaded applications.
- Microsoft SQL Server.
- Network programming in a Linux environment.
- Cross-platform application development with .NET 5.
- Delphi (language and IDE).
- OPC systems, especially OPC-UA.
The candidate will be required to:
- Work as part of a small software development team.
- Help with design and development of new software products.
- Maintain existing software.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Support our R&D and Production staff as software requirements emerge.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate that they are legally entitled to work in the UK.